Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
To begin an application please log in.
- Applicant must have completed at least one (l) academic quarter or semester of full-time college work (Grad applicants must have completed 1 term of graduate level work and have a research topic approved).
- Applicant must have a college grade point average of not less than the equivalent of a 3.300 on a 4.000 scale.
- Applicant shall be enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States or its territories. The exception to this is that applicants for the Orville and Wilbur Wright Graduate Awards and the Guidance, Navigation, and Control Graduate Award may be attending any accredited school in the world.
- Applicant must be an AIAA student member in good standing to apply and must continue their membership during the time the scholarship is offered should they be selected.
- Applicant’s scholarship plan shall be such as to provide entry into some field of science or engineering encompassed by the technical activities of AIAA.
- Applicant shall not have, or subsequently receive, any other scholarship/award which, when combined with the AIAA Foundation award, would provide a stipend greater than their tuition plus educational expenses (such as books, lab fees, room, board, etc.) estimated by the educational institution he/she plans to attend.
- Sophomores and juniors who receive one of these awards are not restricted from applying in subsequent years.
- Applicants may be students of any nationality, not restricted by the U.S. State Department, in full-time study.
- Postdoctoral students cannot apply for awards.